Clear rules are the first step to protecting your and your client's data.
Section 1 - What do we do with your information?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
When purchasing something from us or use when you use our services for free, as part of the process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When browsing our website, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing: With your permission, we may send you emails about our company, new products and other updates.
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
To personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
To improve our website in order to better serve you.
To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
To quickly process your transactions.
Section 2 - Consent
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by mailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Section 3 - Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
Section 4 - Payment
If you choose a direct payment to complete your purchase, we temporarily store encrypted information through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All transactions processed through a gateway provider are not stored or processed on our servers.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our website and its service providers.
Section 5 - Third-Party Services
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our website, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Section 6 - Security
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. The data you provide is encrypted during it's transmission through public internet using SSL technology and is stored with a AES-256 encryption on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
Section 7 - Cookies
Cookies are small files that a website places on your computer or mobile device. They enable the website to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Section 8 - Age of Consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence,or that you are the age of majority in your state or province o fresidence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
Section 9 - Information clause compatible with GDPR
In connection with the entry into force of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (hereinafter GDPR), we declare that the way we handle personal data and the rights of data subjects are based on the following principles:
- The administrator of personal data is Social Owl,LLC. with its registered office in Norway, Maine - hereinafter "the Administrator".
- The Administrator can be contacted via the email address: email@example.com, by phone at (207)515-2397 or in writing to the address of the Administrator's seat.
- The legal grounds and purposes of processing your personal data by the Administrator may be:
- a) Article 6 para. 1 lit. a) GDPR, i.e. data processing is based on your consent in order to send you via electronic communication means (email, sms, mms), using telecommunications terminal equipment (telephone, computer) of marketing content , including commercial information about us, our services, organized events, including newsletters.
- b) Article 6 para. 1 lit. b) GDPR, i.e.: - data processing takes place due to the necessity of this processing to perform the contract, if a cooperation agreement has been concluded with you, or an agreement regarding the products offered by Social Owl, LLC
- c) Article 6 para. 1 lit. c) GDPR, i.e.: - data processing takes place due to the need to comply with the legal obligation incumbent on the Administrator, i.e. in order to fulfill obligations arising from generally applicable legal provisions, including tax regulations and the scope of accounting;
- d) Article 6 (1) (b) d) GDPR, i.e.: - data is processed for the protection of the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person,
- e) Article 6 (1) (b) f) GDPR, i.e.: - data processing takes place due to the Administrator's legitimate interest in answering questions, providing information on its activities, and its products and services at the request of interested persons,
- f) Article 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR, i.e.: - data processing takes place due to the Administrator's legitimate interest in conducting analyzes to improve the services provided and to introduce new services;
- g) Article 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR, i.e. - data processing takes place due to the Administrator's legitimate interest in establishing / pursuing claims or defending against claims,
- Your personal data are processed on a voluntary basis and will be processed only as long as they are necessary for the implementation of the above-mentioned purposes or until you express an effective objection to their processing or withdraw your consent. The period of personal data processing may be extended each time by a period of limitation of claims, if the processing of personal data will be necessary for the pursuit of possible claims or defense against such claims. The data of anonymous users will be stored for 30 days, while the data of verified users will be stored for a period of 10 years from the beginning of the year following the year in which consent was given to the processing of personal data.
- Your personal data may be transferred to our business partners, in particular contractors, IT solution providers, entities providing accounting, legal, courier or postal services for us only in connection with the implementation of our goals
- You have the right to request access to data content and rectification, deletion, processing restrictions as well as the right to transfer personal data. In addition, you have the right to object to data processing - if the data processing is based on Article 6 (1) (e) or (f) of the GDPR. If personal data is processed for the purposes of direct marketing, the data subject has the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning him for the purposes of such marketing, including profiling, to the extent that the processing is related to such direct marketing.
- If the processing of your personal data takes place on the basis of your consent to the processing of personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing that was carried out on the basis of consent before its withdrawal. Withdrawal of consent may take place by sending information to our email address provided in point 2 above or in writing to the Administrator's address.
- Your data will be used for the purpose of automated decision making, including profiling referred to in art. 22 paragraph 1 and 4 GDPR,
- they will not be transferred to third countries, except in cases where the registered office of the contractor referred to in point 5 is in a third country.
- If you think that the processing of personal data by Social Owl, LLC. violates the provisions of the GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory body dealing with the protection of personal data in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of alleged violation.
Below are the types of personal data that we process:
Initial referring domain
Last Seen (last set or updated property)
First view(property set or updated for the first time) as well as categories of data subjects
Users of internet and mobile applications for clients
You can get even more detailed information on personal data protection at the administrator's office or by contacting us
If our website is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products and services to you.
Section 11 - Other Agreements
We do not specifically market to children under 16.
We also agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
We collect your email address in order to to be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer by mail at email@example.com
Social Owl, LLC
PO Box 369
South Paris, ME 04281